Follow the battles and blessings of the early church
Welcome to Amazing Acts—act two, or welcome back if you have just read Amazing Acts—act one or worked through it on this website
What could be more exciting, challenging or relevant today than to see how a small, dejected and defeated body of believers became the first members of the early church which, though sorely persecuted, were empowered by the Holy Spirit to turn the world upside down with the gospel and establish local churches of new believers?
Each chapter of Amazing Acts—act two whether in writing or by audio, contains the passage of the book of Acts covered in that chapter. Amazing Acts—act two covers the middle nine chapters of Acts, except for a few verses which stray over into Amazing Acts—act one and Amazing Acts—act three.
How can you best use these comments and audio files for your own and for others’ blessing? (Appendix One and Appendix Two to this book explain how best to use this book to run a Discussion Group and how best to complete and return the Correspondence Courses).
- Pray that God will help you understand and trust His word, and put it into practice in your life.
- Listen to the relevant audio track while you read the same passage and its explanation in the book.
- Read more than once through the verses of Acts printed in each chapter of Amazing Acts—act two.
- Ask ‘What is the main point of the passage?’ How do the noted Bible references relate to that?
- Consider the three questions in each chapter, using the Bible verses noted there to help you.
- Pray over what you have learned. Ask God to help you to apply it faithfully to your own life.
- Read and listen through the chapter again to see if you have missed anything important.
You may adapt these points to use Amazing Acts—act two for Bible studies, study groups, or one-on-one teaching.
Amazing Acts—act two may be used with any Bible translation of the book of Acts, although the New King James Version (‘NKJV’) is the one generally quoted. The Bible references function as follows: Acts 18:1–18 means Acts chapter 18, verses 1 to 18.